Ever wondered what Angry Birds would have looked like if it had been designed during the 80’s?
Oh the good old days….
Relive the classic 80’s during our World Record Attempt! Don’t forget to ask your friends and family to support the event by donating to our team fundraising page and help raise £10,000 for Havens Hospices.
Posted in 80's Fun
Tagged 80's, 80's trivia, Angry Birds, child of the 80's, computers, Guinness World Record Attempt, Havens Hospices, retro, Southend Air Show, World Record, You Tube
Today’s 80’s hit is Take on Me by A-Ha.
If Google had been invented in the 1980’s it would have looked a bit like this…
If you join us for our World Record Attempt on Saturday 26th May, you will need to look a bit like this….
Things have changed since the 80’s but our commitment to making every day count certainly hasn’t. Help support Havens Hospices by becoming a Record Breaker!
You Know You Grew Up In The 80’s If…
- You’ve ever ended a sentence with the word “PSYCHE”.
- You watched the Pound Puppies.
- You can sing the rap to the “Fresh Prince of Belair ” …and can do the “Carlton”.
- Girls wore biker shorts under their skirts and felt stylishly sexy.
- You yearned to be a member of the Baby-sitters club and tried to start a club of your own.
- You owned those lil’ Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls.
- “WOAH ” comes from Joey on Blossom.
- Two words: Hammer Pants.
- If you ever watched “Fraggle Rock “.
- You had plastic streamers on your handle bars… and “spokey-dokes” or playing cards on your spokes for that incredible sound effect.
- You can sing the entire theme song to “Duck Tales “. (Woo ooh!)
- You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
- When it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
- You saw the original “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ” on the big screen… and still know the turtles names.
- You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.
- L.A. Gear… need I say more.
- You wanted to change your name to “JEM “. (She’s truly outrageous)
- You remember reading “Tales of a fourth grade nothing ” and all the Ramona books.
- You know the profound meaning of “WAX ON, WAX OFF”.
- You wanted to be a Goonie.
- You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (some of us… head-to-toe)
- You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted.
- You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
- You took lunch boxes to school… and traded Cabbage Patch Kids cards.
- You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
- You still get the urge to say “NOT ” after every sentence.
- You remember Hypercolor t-shirts.
- Barbie and the Rockers was your favourite band.
- You thought She-ra (Princess of Power!) and He-Man should hookup.
- You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
- You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes. ( probably in neon colors, too)
- After you saw Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure you kept saying “I know you are, but what am I?”
- You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.
- You ever got seriously injured on a Slip and Slide.
- You have ever played with a Skip-It.
- You had or attended a birthday party at McDonalds.
- You’ve gone through this nodding your head in agreement.
- You remember Popples.
- “Don’t worry, be happy”
- You wore EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks.
- You wore socks scrunched down (and sometimes still do…getting yelled at by “younger hip” members of the family)
- You remember boom boxes. and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.
- You remember watching both “Gremlins” movies.
- You know what it meant to say “Care Bear Stare!”
- You remember watching “Rainbow Bright” and “My Little Pony Tales “
- You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot.
- You remember Alf and Harry and the Hendersons
- You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool… and don’t even flinch when people refer to them as “NKOTB”.
- You knew all the characters names and their life stories on “Saved By the Bell “, the ORIGINAL class.
- You know all the words to Bon Jovi – SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.
- You just sang those words to yourself.
- Homemade Levi shorts. (the shorter the better)
- You remember when mullets were cool!
- You had a mullet!
- You still sing “We are the World”
- You tight rolled your jeans.
- You owned a banana clip.
- You used to (and probably still do) say “What you talkin’ about Willis?”
- You had big hair and you knew how to use it.
- You’re still singing shot through the heart in your head, aren’t you!
Want to revisit this golden era? Join us for our World Record Attempt at Southend Air Festival. Any of the above are a must…..
Posted in 80's Fun
Tagged 80's, 80's clothes, beauty, big hair, cabbage patch kids, cartoons, child of the 80's, clothing, goonies, neon, quiz, style, travel, vacation
Duran Duran was named after a character in the 1960’s film Barbarella. Jane Fonda played the lead and throughout the film she was searching for a character called Duran Duran. The band paid tribute to this film in the late 90s song Electric Barbarella. After fading out in the late 80s, Duran Duran also made a brief comeback in 1993 with the song Ordinary World.
Why don’t you do something out of the ordinary and take part in our World Record Attempt? You can get some great 80’s fashion ideas from Duran Duran… not to mention hair tips
Check out Sophie Hedford and the wonderful dancers from her dance studio filming our tutorial video.
It may have been a dull day at Southend sea front but they certainly brightened things up with their 80’s neon and superman dance moves!
To help celebrate Children’s Hospice Week, we will be attempting to break the world record for the greatest number of people simultaneously performing the ‘Superman Dance’.
Taking part at the Southend Air Festival on Saturday 26th May, this is a fantastic chance to get together with a group of friends, family or colleagues and become a record breaker whilst raising vital funds for Havens Hospices.
Help us set a world record in Essex!
In order for us to break the record, we need 500 people to perform the dance in the traditional manner, in traditional clothing associated with the dance – 80’s attire! Become your own ‘Havens Hero’ by dressing as an 80’s style superhero. Continue reading
Posted in Did you know?, Important information, Pictures and Ideas, The World Record Attempt Details
Tagged 80's, Black Lace, Dancing, Essex, Guinness World Record Attempt, Havens Hospices, Largest Superman Dance, Southend Air Show, superhero, Superman, World Record