DEFINITION OF RECORD
This record is for the greatest number of people simultaneously performing the ‘Superman dance’ at a single venue. The record is to be attempted by a team of unlimited size. The record is measured by the number of people participating. We need over 500 people to break the World Record!
SPECIFIC GUIDELINES FOR ‘LARGEST SUPERMAN DANCE’
1. The dance must be performed in the traditional manner and in traditional clothing associated with the dance – 80’s attire
2. 80’s attire must consist of a minimum of any combination of 2 items of 80’s clothing, including (but not limited to):
· Leg warmers
· Cropped t-shirts
· Bright coloured shorts worn over trousers
· Shell suits
· Large shoulder padded jackets
· Neon clothing
(For example, leggings and a large shoulder padded jacket would make 2 items).
3. The number of people who are hoping to constitute the record must all be well versed in the dance moves.
4. Traditional music (Black Lace’s Superman) must be played throughout the attempt.
5. A loud start and finish signal recognised by all participants must be used. Two experienced timekeepers (e.g. from a local athletics club) must time the attempt with stopwatches accurate to 0.01 seconds.
6. The dance must last a minimum of 3 minutes. Any performers who do not participate fully for the entire 3 minutes must be deducted from the final total. This needs to be done so that the record is clearly for the number of people actually participating and not just the number of people attending the event.
7. Participants may be in a single line; any number of lines or in any other arrangement.
8. All participants must be performing the same routine simultaneously, thus all participants must be able to either see instructors or follow their movements on a video screen.
9. The chosen dance area must be large enough to not only hold the people but to allow them to dance unrestricted the required steps.